For Immediate Release:
Premier Black-Tie Event on October 22 Funds Community Programs
Press Contact: Heather Ortner, Marketing & Communications Manager
Join us for the 13th Annual GRACE Gala on Saturday, October 22 at the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas. The black-tie event boasts gourmet food and spirits, Silent and Live Auctions and dancing to the music of renowned Mars Hill Band. Event proceeds allow GRACE to give food, clothing, shelter, education and medical care and other types of emergency assistance to families facing crisis.
For nearly three decades, GRACE has been a haven for families facing crisis in Greater Northeast Tarrant County. In the midst of their hardship, GRACE guides families through long-term solutions designed to strengthen the community at large.
The GRACE Gala was conceptualized in 2004 by a dynamic Advisory Board made up of prominent community members from Grapevine, Southlake and Colleyville. Six months before the first Gala, the event sold out.
Individuals and corporate partners in the community rose to the challenge by sponsoring tables, donating auction items and attending an event that had quickly become the most-anticipated event of the year.
As the agency’s largest singular fund-raising event, the GRACE Gala has since become known as the premier black-tie event in Northeast Tarrant County.
“The GRACE Gala is my favorite night of the year, “says Executive Director Shonda Schaefer, “there’s a vibrant, infectious energy when the community rallies together with a kindred desire to see families thrive again. The event is a spectacular night, but to see how it changes the stories of families to hope from despair; there is no greater reward than that.”
The event revenue equips GRACE to provide various programs such as:
- Feed Our Kids, a lunch initiative that provides over 38,500 meals to at-risk children during the summer months, and Christmas Cottage, which provides new, unwrapped toys to over 1,600 children each holiday season.
- GRACE Food Pantry supplies at-risk families with an estimated $500,000 in food staples each year. Our annual food drives provide holiday meals for over 750 families each season.
- GRACE Community Garden produces 3,000 pounds of fresh, organic produce annually for families at risk for malnourishment.
- GRACE Community Clinic offers medical care, vital screenings, immunizations and preventative healthcare.
- GRACE Friends & Family meets the emotional and physical needs of approximately 120 isolated and immobile seniors in the community.
- GRACE Transitional Housing provides shelter and holistic case management to displaced families, including those fleeing domestic violence.
On Saturday, October 22 at the Irving Convention Center, the community will celebrate what has been accomplished, and look ahead with great anticipation. With each passing year, the funds raised at the GRACE Gala allow GRACE to advance the mission to provide assistance to families that need it most. Sponsorships range from $2,000 to $20,000. Individual tickets are $325, and a table of ten is $3,000. Auction item sponsorships are also available.
For ticket and sponsorship details for the GRACE Gala, visit GRACEGala.org.
GRACE Grapevine is a faith-based, social service agency that provides emergency assistance to an average of 5,100 families and individuals each year. For nearly three decades, GRACE has partnered with the community provide food, clothing, shelter, education and medical care to guide families and individuals toward self-sufficiency. Learn about our programs and volunteer opportunities at GRACEGrapevine.org.